BOSPRE Printer Client
The current version of printer_client is
to be tested and may change.
The printer_client program is used by a host site
to print files in a BOSPRE printer queue that contains the
files to be printed at that host site.
The current version enables printing to be done from any linux
computer equipped with a printer. The printer_client is written
in bash 3.2, and should work also work on a MAC.
- You will be given by separate email the following information
that is specific to your host site:
- The name and password of your test account.
- The name of the remote_account containing the printer_server.
- The private key file (printer_client.key) that you are
- Copy the resource file (printer_client.rc) and private key file
(printer_client.key) to your home directory.
- Edit the resource file (printer_client.rc) so it specifies
- The remote_account.
- Your printer.
- Set the printer_client file to have executable permissions
and run it in one window.
- In another window log into your test account and print some
stuff. E.g., make a file `foo' and execute `print foo'.
If you need documentation of printer_client, you can get
it by the command `printer_client -doc'. Or you can download
it from here:
It is possible to debug printer_client by running the server,
printer_server, on your machine. To do this:
Bob Walton, email@example.com, Mon Sep 9 03:55:19 EDT 2019
- Download into the directory that contains printer_client:
- Make printer_server executable. In your directory run
- In a separate window make postscript files with extension .ps
in the directory ~/printer_server_q. These should print
(with a 30 second delay).
If you need documentation of printer_server, you can get
it by the command `printer_server -doc'. Or you can download
it from here: